Your driveway is literally the first thing that people see on entering your premises, and so needs to be looking great and functioning properly. There could be nothing more uninviting and worse than a cracked, weed-filled, ill maintained driveway. Also, if your driveway is unkempt and ignored for long, it could develop structural problems which could turn out to be quite expensive to repair later on.
Also, you might be wondering what’s the best material to go for, when you are thinking of a durable, aesthetically pleasing driveway. Well, exposed aggregate concrete is one of the most popular materials for driveways, as well as other areas like patios and pathways surrounding the swimming pool. Few of its strong points include its durability, impervious nature to weather and strength to hold large vehicles. Also, you are guaranteed to have a home with a unique look if you end up choosing it. So, it’s time you choose for your home nothing but the best, i.e. an aggregate concrete driveway. Cura Concrete excels at building such driveways for both domestic as well as commercial properties. You could choose from a wide range of designs and patterns to give a stunning touch to the décor and outlook of your home.
Benefits of using exposed aggregate:
Exposed aggregate is a type of decorative concrete that’s being used to enhance the look of driveways, patios, sidewalks etc. It’s becoming quite popular choice for homeowners around the world. You could hire any of the reputed commercial concreters in Melbourne and get yourself a beautiful aggregate driveway installed. But, why should you do so, you ask? Well, here we are giving you not one, but six top reasons to do so!
- Adds value: Exposed aggregate, undeniable looks great, and adds significant value to your home. They come in an unlimited range of unique colours, textures, and styles to enhance the look of your home. It can be used to create a standout element and impress your family and visitors. You could compare it to plain, brushed concrete, and you will know why people often choose this instead.
- Customizable: One of the best things about this type is that it can be customized to look the way you want it to look. You could choose from a variety of colours, even bold ones. The small stones that lie on top of the exposed aggregate surface can be as small (or big) or subtle (or bold) as you want it to be. You could mix and match different types, add any material like quartz, granite, limestone etc. and create a natural or a creative design.
- Durability: This kind of a driveway is highly durable and traffic resistant. It’s known for its highly durable nature and ability to withstand harsh weather and heavy vehicles. The low concrete to water ratio makes it tougher and long lasting than brushed concrete. Also, the stone embedded surface makes it capable of taking the load of your vehicle and making the driveway traffic-resistant.
- Low maintenance: Another great thing about exposed aggregate is that you need to put in very little efforts to keep it looking great. The only things that you need to keep in mind are periodic sealing and cleaning. You need to reseal it every 3-5 years to make sure the glossy, shiny look is maintained. Also, the patterns of this kind, makes the tyre marks and stains unnoticeable and thus, requires less frequent cleaning.
- Value for money: An exposed aggregate driveway is a sure shot value for your money. Though it’s more on the pricey side than other types of concrete, it is well worth it. It will save you money in the long run, and its durability makes sure you need to spend less on repairs and maintenance. It also requires lesser tools and a much easier process of installation.
So, if you are looking for an upgrade or getting a fresh, new driveway installed, exposed aggregate is the one. With its long list of benefits, you could never go wrong with it. It’s a surface you can trust!