A garage at any property is essential. Not only does it protect our cars from external damage and theft, but it also adds to the curb appeal of the home. Plus, if you go out to sell your property, the new buyers are always more attracted to the homes with a well maintained and spacious garage in it. And for a good garage, the door has it to be in perfect condition.
Your car won’t be safe if your garage door has issues. Apart from the car, even our children and pets may be at risk because of a faulty garage door. Keeping it in great condition is therefore necessary. You certainly don’t want it to get damaged easily and pay a huge amount again in installing a new one!
How can you keep your garage doors perfectly working for long?
Your garage door is opened and shut regularly. Sometimes it’s even twice or thrice a day. If there are faults in the door, it may lead to a lot of time and effort getting wasted while using it (not to mention any damage or injury that it may cause!). Therefore, in case there are issues with your garage door, it’s better to get them repaired immediately. For repairing garage doors in Perth, contact DOIC Garage Doors. They have a really efficient team who can fix and repair any kind of garage door and have it working like a new one within no time! But regular care is still needed. To know how you can do that, read on:
- Use your car wisely — A close inspection of the surroundings while parking the car is very necessary. Especially in a small space like a garage. Never hurry while parking your car in it, as it may lead to sudden bumps to the door that may cause damage. Always wait for the doors to open fully when entering or exiting the garage.
- Keep checking for the dents and scratches — A garage door with dents or scratches says that it has been bumped by something hard. This may also affect its smooth working. Make sure to find out the source of those heavy dents or scratches, and try to avoid that. If the damage is clearly visible and is spoiling the look of the door, get the door repaired and repainted.
- Keep checking the door balance — A garage door works perfectly when it’s properly balanced. It has to be symmetrical on both sides for better and efficient working. It is therefore very essential to keep checking its balance. Just pull the chord of the door and release it, if it slides back smoothly, its ok! You can try and get it half opened and let it remain there, if it drops down from space, there is something wrong with the balance. Make sure to get it checked immediately or the door can give away anytime. It may also drop down when your car would be entering the garage, and cause an accident or loss.
- Check for the rust– A garage door is prone to wear out easily. As it’s located at the exterior, it obviously faces a lot of climatic attacks like rain, wind, dust, snow, etc. This often leads to the garage door getting rusty. This rust then causes the door to get tightened or jammed. Better check for the same and get it freshly painted to avoid any kind of such issue.
- Lubrication and cleaning —The constant outdoor exposure also leads to accumulation of debris, moisture and dust in the door’s mechanics. This can prevent its smooth functioning and later early wear and tear. It’s therefore important to clean up the garage door regularly. This would help you get rid of the accumulated particles gumming up the door mechanism. With regular lubricating, you can further aid in its smooth and efficient usage.
- Keep your sensors and locks upgraded — A garage door won’t be secure without a proper lock system. Make sure your locks are well secured and of the latest technology. Also, if you are using doors with sensors, these require a different type of care and maintenance. Make sure to follow those guidelines religiously. These doors should be well checked at regular intervals too. If there is by any chance a fault in the door’s sensor, this needs an immediate action as it can be very dangerous.
Your garage doors are like a chest that has your treasure (car) in it. And its door is the most important part of the security system. If something happens to the garage door, your car is bound to get affected. Therefore, always be double sure of your garage door (care and functioning) so that your car remains safe too!