With over a million home invasions being reported each year in some of the major states across the United States, you would naturally be a tad paranoid where your home security is concerned. You would want to take all measures necessary to ensure that you and your loved ones remain safe and secure at all times. And that’s why you would definitely want to check out some of the tips listed below, since they can help you ensure that you have a safe home, at all times.
- Use smart doorbells: There are a lot of products that you can use to beef up the security at your residence. One of the simplest and yet, most effective ones happen to be in installing a smart doorbell. These smart doorbells are essentially video doorbells, which immediately stream live images from the other side of your front door to your phone. Apart from this, they also allow for night vision and remote monitoring and also come with motion sensors that can immediately notify you of any suspicious movements outside your front door. Essentially, these doorbells act like a powerful security camera and they also come with cloud storage, so you can always store both high-resolution images and videos of your visitors for playback, later on.
- Use strong locks: It goes without saying that you need strong locks on your front door; this is one of the most basic safety tips that you need to enact on right away to beef up the security at your home. Granted that you are essentially changing the current locks for something more stronger, but the new locks would essentially prevent robbers and other malcontents from breaking in. And make it a habit to change your locks every few months and do not leave spare keys at the bottom of flower pots. Instead, hand over a spare key to one of your closest relatives for safekeeping.
- Home security system: You also must make sure that you have the latest in the home security system, and that all the rooms are connected to the same. A home security system can send out immediate alerts to local security agencies if the right passcode is not entered within seconds. Furthermore, it can also enable you to remotely monitor the various connected rooms in your residence. It is essential that you check out most of the online reviews before you purchase any security product or application for use, for your own residence.
- Do not leave post its: It is never a good idea to leave post-its on the front door. These post its pretty much announce to the whole neighborhood that no one is at home. This is why it is important that you avoid sticking any post it to the front door and if you need to communicate any message to someone, use the phone.
- Lighting: You also need to ensure that your home, especially the exterior is well lit with limited dark spaces. This is to ensure that your gardens are well lit so that it is easy for you to check and see if there are any suspicious people moving about your front or side lawns. Also, you may want to keep the cops and other relevant agencies on speed dial so that you can speed dial them for help and assistance if required.
- Cost: When it comes to your home security, you cannot fret about the overall cost, Yes, some of the products may be a tad pricey but given the fact that they help protect you and your loved ones, that may seem to be a small price to pay.
These are some of the tips that you can act on right away and help boost your home security and in the process, ensure that you and your loved ones remain safe all the time.