When you think of adding anything to your present home, you obviously have the near future in mind! The first question that jumps on deciding upon any addition is, “What benefit can this add to my property?” You’ll naturally want that extension to be a matter of profit for you. And considering the present buyers, your decision about the same should be modern and practical too.
We had those days when a large home with high ceilings and a jumbo sized kitchen brought good, potential buyers to the place! But today’s generation values practicality upon luxury, and aren’t blinded by just the aesthetics of any place. No doubt visual beauty is essential too, but what buyers today want is — comfort, modern technical additions and a place demanding less maintenance efforts. (We know the shortage of time in everyone’s life.)
Some modern additions that increase your home value considerably!
A potential buyer agrees to invest in a property if it’s really good, is located in a great place and offers some modern additions that’ll give them long term benefits. So, the next time you think of renovating your place, consider these factors, and then start the action. Below, we have listed some such beneficial additions to your home that would benefit you largely as long as you stay, and would definitely attract a lot of customers when you put your house on the market for sale.
- Kitchen is the king — An addition of modular kitchen with everything working on fingertips would be most tempting for the generation that’s used to touch screen phones. But remember to get covered cabinets or shelves for the electrical appliances and choosing tiles or colour that requires the least cleaning job on it.
- Spacious floor plans — When you are thinking about adding another floor to your home — go on — it’s a great idea! But instead of allotting several sections for various rooms, why not keep most of the part here open and spacious? Today, people do think of utilising such open space and extra square-footage to accommodate offices, gym at home, media room and party pads.
- Solar panel — Today’s buyer is very much stressed about the high utility bills. You can certainly entice them by adding a solar panel to your roof! This solar panel installation in Brisbane by Wattsup Solar and Electrical ensures your house stays eco-friendly (which is what everyone considers making their home today) and also reduces the electricity bill.
- Outdoor extensions — If you have a good amount of space outdoors, you can always add a deck, a granny flat or even a pool. These attract the buyers just like honey grabs the attention of Winnie the Pooh!
- Smart home add-ons — Not all have an Amazon Alexa or Google Home device, but you can now make these the winning stone in your house. Either go for a smart thermostat or a smart lock for your door, a light system allowing a specific ambiance in your living room or a modern security system in your yard, your buyers will definitely appreciate the technology simplifying lifestyle solutions at their pad!
Attracting today’s buyers is pretty tough! You need to think of tomorrow in order to get a good buyer today! Think of the above additions and win this race against time easily!