Sandstone can be seen in varied forms all around you! You may be gazing at a beautiful stone house, and you wouldn’t know it has sandstone embedded in it! The very distinct colours of the stones peeping out of such structures impart character and persona to any building, since sandstone is available in various shapes and colours. This stone is largely used in constructing various structures like building exterior stones, steps and stairs, decorative areas and even decorative designs.
Mostly consisting of minute rock grains and minerals, sandstone is basically a sedimentary rock. Derived from the Earth’s crust, it holds feldspar and quartz as prominent minerals in it; therefore, these two are the main components of sandstone. Due to various impurities blended into it, sandstone comes in a variety of colours, but the most common colours of sandstone are various shades of grey and pink which look beautiful in any kind of surface and wall!
Numerous benefits that make sandstone a better option!
Creatively used in both interior and exterior designs, and for decor in residential as well as commercial projects; sandstone includes various properties which is the prime reason for its global popularity. There are temples, shrines and oldest heritage sites made of these sandstones beautifying the world till today. In short, sandstone blocks in Brisbane from Coastal Masonry laid perfectly by their craftsmen makes the buildings and constructed sites look promising and exclusive to look at. There are more such advantages of it which are discussed below:
- All season hit — Sandstone is one form of stone that is suitable for all kinds of weather. It gives a cool feeling during hot seasons and stays warmer during cold ones. The rustic, neutral and natural shade of it doesn’t get spoilt because of exposure to rain.
- Totally durable — Sandstone can be sealed for water resistance and properly sealed sandstone can easily withstand unfavourable weather hazards, harmful environmental factors and even human wear and tear. Sealing it also helps in preventing seepage and corrosion and in this way also extends its life to a largeS extent.
- Easy to fit and adaptable — Because sandstone is pretty easy to carve and cut, it takes the desired shape, size and form very conveniently. This helps it to fit the desired site with perfection easily too. This is one benefit that most natural stones won’t give you.
- Availability in a variety of colours — While most of the natural stones aren’t available in different colours, sandstone comes in numerous shades. And what’s more, while the other stones lose their natural shine and glam with climatic wear and other reasons, sandstone remains in its original form mostly, and doesn’t lose its charm easily.
- Easy to maintain —A sandstone doesn’t require much looking after once it’s installed. Its colour stays the same and doesn’t need repair or maintenance frequently.
- Safer as it is anti-skid— Sandstones are commonly used in pavements and basements or walkways as they are anti-skid. Especially the red and pink ones the most preferred for these areas. Even with frequent contact with water, they don’t cause much skidding effect — and this makes it all the more ideal from safety perspective.
- Easy to assemble and remove — Unlike most other natural stones, sandstone can be easily and efficiently installed and removed from any surface. This means it requires very less manpower and time in doing so!
- Versatile in every form — Not only because of its attractive shades, sandstone is versatile in its applications too. Ranging from wall cladding to paving, creating decor item or building exterior, sandstone is used in almost all types of landscape designs, commercial works and even residential construction work.
- Being cost effective — Another great point where in sandstones excel is that it’s comparatively low in cost than other stones. Also, its longer life makes it easy on the pocket too. Also, as these are easily available in abundance in nature, if you want to replace your damaged sandstone with a newer one, you can easily do so!
- Being eco-friendly — No harmful waste or smoke or any environmentally harmful element gets generated when cutting and placing these sandstones, these stones are extremely eco-friendly too.
In a nutshell, it’s easily understandable that sandstone is a wonderful choice if you want a beautiful home decor or construction stone that is long lasting, extremely convenient and versatile too! So, ensure you include a lot of it in your next construction project and enjoy its benefits!