There’s no denying that a good paintbrush will always be a worthy investment. The extra cost is totally justified and you should obtain your paintbrushes from a brand or company that you highly trust. When you decide to paint your beautiful room, you really don’t want to use something flimsy, that you have bought cheaply from your nearby hardware store.
But, obtaining a good-quality paintbrush when buying paints online will only solve one part of the problem. You also need to maintain and clean it in the correct manner, so that it can last you for a long time. Good quality paint brushes not only provide you with a pro-level paint finish to your task but also lower the paint usage by a massive margin. That’s why we are here to help you know the proper way through which you can clean your paintbrushes.
The Things That You Require
- Soft cloth
- Dishwashing liquid or a mild soap
- Brush comb
- A big jar or a canister (optional)
- After you’ve completed your painting task, you shouldn’t let the paint get dried up inside the bristles. Therefore, to avoid this, you should always clean your paintbrush instantly. If you cannot clean it instantly, then you need to keep the brush in an upright position inside the jar or canister with enough water in it to cover only the bristles. Ensure that the wooden or metal handle part doesn’t get soaked in the water because it would lead to rotting or rusting.
- Place your paintbrush under running tap water and use your soap. Apply the soap on its bristles. Make sure to redo the method several times so that the remaining paint from the bristles is moved away. In case you find some part of the paint is dried up, you need to use your brush comb to remove it.
- Once you’ve completed the cleaning procedure, it’s time to give a final cleaning of the brush bristles under the running tap water.
- After completing the final cleaning process, you need to work out any excess water from the brush and use your towel to pat it dry. You can then keep your brush out in the open air for some time, which will help to soak up the leftover moisture from the paint bristles. Once the brush is fully dried up, just keep it away safely for future use.
Most brushes these days come with nylon or polyester blend bristles, for which this guide is specifically catered to. We hope you loved our comprehensive guide and in case you need assistance in buying paints online, just reach out to us.