So, what’s the best representative to let your guest get a sneak peek of your house? The entryway, of course! They sense the interior of your home from your entryway. If this is exceptionally attractive, the interior would automatically be termed as something lavish. And if the entryway looks dull, dim and messy — everyone would feel the inside would be even messier.
An entryway is often the most ignored area of your house. Either it’s a mini storage place wherein you stack your extra chairs or hang your jackets, or it’s your messy shoe area which is always pending organisation. Even the lights here are always the dimmest, and the colour on the wall never given a thought to. This is actually the first look of your house that most of your guests view! So you better think – is that the way you want to represent your home?
How can you beautify your entryway with paints?
It is not uncommon for most of the house being elaborately decorated, and the entryway missing the charm. Forget about painting, there’s not even a proper smooth wall in this area. If you find that your entryway is in a similar condition, read the below pointers on how you can enhance its beauty:
- Why should you paint or repaint your entryway? — If you feel that the colour in your entryway is bland, dull, unsuitable, it’s either because the current colours aren’t very welcoming, or the paint has already started to show the effects of ageing. If you feel that your house has been decorated, but the entryway doesn’t keep up with it, a new coat of interior paint can make an immediate and huge difference. Sprucing up the place with colour would create a magic in this space.
- Choosing the suitable colour— When you call for interior painters in Auckland like Total paint, they show you millions of colours which would transform your entryway into almost a red-carpet area of your house. You’ll obviously be so confused to choose your pick here. And what you mostly do is choose a matching colour to the adjacent rooms. This, of-course isn’t compulsory. The best trick in changing the appearance of any entryway is to select a colour scheme that beautifies or simply complements all the other colours in the home. For example, if your living room walls are cream in colour and the drapes and furnishings are brown, you can create a taupe entryway for a seamless feel.
- Even exact matches aren’t problematic— Ok! So we understood the concept behind blending and contrasting different colours. But even when you use the same colour in the whole house, there’s nothing wrong in it. You can have your whole house painted pink, and it would still look awesome with an entryway that is pink too. In fact, it’ll create a spacious feel throughout the whole house. But you can also think of playing with different tones (light and deep) of the same colour to make the entire house look more promising and inviting. In the above example, the pink can be highlighted with dark pink panels or edges or even white to give all the pink a break. Or the door can be painted a contrasting colour too to make the entryway more magnificent.
- Follow your imagination —You can let your imagination create an amazing look in this corner. You can colour the entryway a bright yellow or simply a ravishing red. Make it look dark with chocolate brown, and add bright lights to it, or simply paint it in white and decorate the walls with natural flowers. The buck never stops. It all depends on your creativity and your preferences. There’s no rulebook for decorating your own home, and no copy pasting in creating a magical entryway.
- Can you paint yourself? — It’s your home and you can do anything you like to do in it. But just because it is an entryway, never ignore its importance in the house. A simple untidy stroke, or an untidy finishing — and your entryway would look the funniest corner of your home. Therefore, it’s best recommended to have this painted by professionals along with your entire home.
With your entryway adorned beautifully with a splash of colour of your choice, your home would exude a welcoming feel!