Winter is just round the corner. It’s natural to be checking your heater again and again for any issues in it. Of course, you are even going for trials and using it for a day or two to understand how much repair and maintenance it would require before it’s ready for the winters. But let us make your work easier. If you find some important signs in your heater, then it’s time to go for a repair. And some of these times can be so extreme that they call for a replacement entirely.
Clear Cut Signs Saying That the Gas Heater Needs Repair Immediately!
When the temperature is about to drop so rapidly, you just can’t afford to have a heating system that halts in between or shows major issues. Obviously, freezing within your home isn’t something that you are looking forward to this year. So, as soon as you find the below-listed signs in your gas heater, seek gas heater servicing in Melbourne via Craig’s Gas & Plumbing. They are experts in dealing with all kinds of issues of your gas heaters and know exactly the diagnosis for the same.
- The loud noise from the heater — Does your heater make a loud noise as soon as you switch it on? And if it regularly creates weird noises as long as it is functioning, then obviously there is an issue in your heating system, and it requires a repair immediately.
- High power bills — If your monthly utility bills give you almost a heart attack, then it’s time to check your heater. Maybe your gas heater is obtaining too much power from the system because of some problems in its machine and motor, and this is the reason you are getting those high bills to pay at the end of each month.
- The burner flames turn yellow — Are you wondering why the burner flames are turning yellow when they should be blue? Well, the issue here isn’t just about the defect in your heating system, but also the presence of carbon monoxide in your home. You would know that carbon monoxide is a very dangerous gas and it is odourless and colorless. If it is present in your house, then the chances of respiratory diseases of the homeowners are very high. It’s because of this reason that you should immediately go for a gas heater repair to tackle the issue.
- Constant adjusting of the thermostat — Changing the thermostat settings once in a while is normal. But if you have to carry out the task quite frequently then understand that the system is having a severe problem that needs to be diagnosed and treated immediately.
- It isn’t heating much — A heater that is not heating cannot be called a heater in a true sense. If you face the chill in the air and the atmosphere in the room is too cold even after switching on the heater for a long time, then it’s a clear sign that it needs a repair as soon as possible.
We know you would have witnessed at least one of these signs by now. (Well, that is the reason you are checking the post!) So, don’t waste time! The winters are near! Be sure to prep for it well and repair your heaters immediately.