This guide contains a few tips that will help you choose the best local decorator.
Looking for local painters or decorators?
Google is the most popular search engine. However, you should remember that the best local painters or decorators are busy. If you see a local decorator in the top search results, which have a prefix of , then it is a sign to not ignore.
Check out the reviews of Decorators and Painters
Google allows you to check customer reviews. If there are only two or three, and they aren’t recent, then it is likely that these are relatives, friends, or colleagues who first started the business. You can check the date of the last positive Google review to find out if happy clients have left reviews.
Take a look at their gallery of recent decorating works
Stock photos can be easily found online and can be identified with professional lighting, strong before and afterwards photos, and also check their social media galleries. They are proud tradesmen who take the time to get out their phones and take before and after photos to post it online.
Are You Insured for Your Decorator and Painter?
Accidents can happen. That is why it is important to ensure that your decorators and painters have strong public liability insurance. Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of the certificate along with your quotation. You should have at least PS2m coverage. If you live in an apartment block, consider higher levels.
Ask relevant and practical questions such as
- What is the cost of it? Check the written estimate to confirm that it is a fixed price. You should verify the details of the quote. If it’s unclear, ask again or listen for the alarm bells.
- Is everything included in the quotation or are you expected to do anything?
- What is the expected time frame for the work? When will it start and end?
- Is it them or someone else doing the work? You could be dealing with a different company if too many tradespeople subcontract out work.
- How many hours do they work?
- What are their expectations? Will they require some of your storage space for tools and materials, or will you have to take it away every evening?
This guide will help you find good painters and decorators in auckland. Above all, trust your instincts and pay attention to any alarm bells.