Future is unpredictable! You cannot say you are going to be the same even after a decade or two, neither would the world be the same! But as far as we can predict, your houses would be the same for housing generations. All you may need to do is perhaps decorate and renovate for the better! But even that would be needed after a great many years! That is why when you build a house, build something that’s future ready!
When you once thought of home as a child, you always conjured up a palace directly from a fairy-tale. When you were in your teens, a modern apartment was all you desired. And when you are ready to invest in a home and get settled, what you want is a place where you can live and grow old, have a family, raise kids, and perhaps even die there! The concept of home changes, and even the latest upgrades and trends about the same changes with time. This brings the need to design a home that can live with the rapidly moving generations and trends for at least a couple of generations, and would stand strong shielding you and your family.
Aspects to take into consideration for building a future ready home!
The key to design a home that’s fit to face the future is keeping in mind the technological aspects, designing it with progressive factors, being eco-friendly and building it firm and tough too. In order to achieve the same, you should be hiring the best building company in Auckland like Total Developments. They are an expert in building future ready, tough and perfect homes as per your preferred choice. For a detailed list on how you can succeed in creating a future ready home, read on:
- Tech enabled home — We all know the obsession and the requirement of technology in our lives. This is going to grow (and not decrease) in the coming years. If you are using a router for internet in your home, your children would desire for a fully automated home where a touch of a button can operate everything from blinds to lights to garage door, gadget can keep track of your work schedule and grocery list, and much more. So consider planning for any future technological upgrades. Keep in mind the Internet of Things factor — we use it everywhere — alarm clock, security systems, lighting, appliances, thermal control, and much more – so, ensure your home is ready for it. Smart home is the picture of the future – embrace it.
- Protection from natural forces — Nature is omnipresent — and would be present even fifty years from now! But due to global warming, climatic and other natural changes that have been observed, climatic conditions around your home may change over the years. If your locality doesn’t flood now, it isn’t necessary it won’t face the disaster after a decade! The same goes for other natural calamities like earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. So, if you are investing in a future ready home, ensure proper construction measures are taken to obstruct them from directly endangering your home.
- Theft protection and emergency escape routes — Theft protection is something every house needs. But when you are thinking of the future, think the thieves to be a little smarter than they are today! They would be experts in opening passwords on your doors and accessing your fingerprint enabled safes. Ensure a home that’s highly protected and complex for any such kind of theft. Also, always ensure you have emergency exits made in your home, and the way to it is easy to access for all inmates.
- Family growing factor — Like we said, you build a home to get settled and enjoy a happy space with your family. So, expect the number of kids you are going to have and the space you’ll need to accommodate your future family. Prepare extra rooms for nursery, guest rooms, nanny’s room, etc. Always keep the privacy factor in mind while building these rooms, and a good extra play area would be needed for the kids and pets in the house. Also, if you plan to grow old in this space, accessibility and mobility issues need to be taken into account while building.
- Be ready with green homes— With time flying by, the idea of green homes is attracting lots of builders too. Apart from that, twenty years from now, the utility bills would look like a huge mountain of gold that you’d be expected to pay each month. To be ready to combat such a demanding and expensive future, design an eco friendly home today! The home where solar panels are installed, proper landscaping has been done, natural insulation and ventilation is facilitated, and the rooms are designed to attract lots of natural light and air.
Being future ready is the needs of the hour. Especially when the revolutions are happening so rapidly in the technical, environmental and economical world. Make sure you aren’t left behind! Be ready for tomorrow in a beautiful yet functional space built today!