There’s absolutely no sugar coating this situation. Clogged water drains can be really undesirable and nasty. Not only are they super inconvenient, but are also downright disgusting. They are the dirtiest things ever, swarming with bacteria, and inducing odour-related problems in the household. This is one nuisance that can’t be avoided by any homeowner and the sooner you learn to handle it, the better. Cause the more you dilly dally, the higher chance it will bring serious health issues with them on the ride.
There are certain plumbing nightmares for every homeowner and a blocked drain may be one of the biggest reasons to call over professional help. A clogged drain may be a problem that’s associated with the pipe that attaches the sink, toilet, tub, or a shower, or even in some cases the blockage may be located in the sewer system. The effects of each of these scenarios can lead to a messy situation! They require to have a plumber visit at odd hours or even during the holidays. So, its utmost crucial to call over efficient plumbing help for stubborn blocked drains. In Perth WA, A. Able Plumbing, Gas & Hot Water offers a team of trained and professional plumbers. Get in touch with their amazing services to keep your drains clean and unclogged.
Common causes of blocked drains
Every home’s efficient plumbing system is dependent on effective pipes and drainage. In case there’s an issue such as a blockage or a problem with your pipes, the situation could be really unpleasant and will require calling for emergency plumbing in Perth. To be honest, blocked drains could be due to various reasons, starting from foreign objects that have accidently dropped down the drain to a serious build-up of gunk, hair, grease, etc. Now, let’s take a better look at the potential culprits:
- Hair: This is hands down one of the most common culprits of a drain blockage. Most of the times, it’s relatively easy to simply remove the hair, but not every time. Hair falling off the body during showers or while getting ready over the sink can contribute to the drain blockage. Small amounts can be removed conveniently, but the situation can get worse.
- Plants and dirt: Natural debris like trees, dirt, leaves, shrubs etc. can be a serious cause of drain blockages, especially during spring and autumn. Your regular garden maintenance schedule is as important for your water drains and pipes as its for your gardens. Roots from trees, searching for water, are also found to be notorious culprits to reach your drains.
- Toiletries: As more and more people are indulging in disposing toiletries down their drains, bigger problems are being caused for our pipes and sewers. Nappies and toilet paper may be the most common items that are flushed down our toilets. They get enlarged on immersing in water and cause serious problems like water drain blockages.
- Broken pipes: Yet another cause of blocked drains can be broken pipes. Water pipes generally break due to wear and tear, or excess pressure. These fractured pipes are more susceptible to blockages. And until you can diagnose and inquire the situation well, it has the potential to become an even bigger problem.
- Foreign objects: There may be different types of foreign objects that lead to serious issues of drain blockage. Starting from children’s toys to soaps to jewellery to food build-up etc. – a plethora of objects can be easily dropped down the drains. This consequently leads to drain blockages.
So, these were some of the most common and potential causes of a blocked drain in your home. Though the causes are quite insignificant and nothing major, the problem they pose is the contrary. So, it’s very important that you keep these factors in mind and call over for professional help to rescue you from such messy situations.