Home is where your heart is. We always take extra care about our abodes. However, sometimes loopholes can creep in due to our inexperience, and this can ruin the labour of our love. As such, we have to be very careful about the planning and execution of any project.
There are many factors that cannot be corrected in the retrofit. Or at least it is difficult to rectify those. Things like fixing pipes, changing locks, updating the superficial décor can be done at any stage you want them changed. It is best to consult professionals and deliberate over such matters over and over again.
Little Mistakes that Matter Much
Though there can be numerous things that can go wrong while home interior is going on, but there are some that are difficult to mend once done. Altering them can either cost you lots of money or manpower, and of course time too. Better to keep a close eye on some points from the very onset to prevent disasters (to sob over) later!
- Perfection in Plastering: Plastering is the topmost work that needs attention when the construction is going on. Plastering gives your walls a smooth finish. If this layer, in any circumstances, is not perfectly spread out, or there’s a corner that’s left out, this wall can be a tragedy for your home décor. Be very careful when the plastering work is going on. Hire the best agencies offering good interior plastering in Auckland like Ayda painting and plastering, who have years of experience in this field and are known for their excellent work in this section.
- Exposed Wires and Connections: Nowadays, the whole electrical system of the houses is concealed. As such, proper cable planning is needed from the very onset. If any changes are needed at a later stage, it would mean digging up the walls and going through major reconstruction. So, it is essential that you plan where you need your sockets, lights, gadget positions etc. Loose wires can even become life threatening – inspect with care before you move in.
- Doors Fitted in Proper Directions: Door fittings, especially when there’s a scarcity of space, can be pretty tricky. Proper planning is essential for easy flow of traffic. Sliding doors often help to solve some issues in such cases.
- Wise Selection of Windows and their Glaze: Windows set out in the proper direction can be the vibe changer of your home. Consider with care the size of the window, the orientation, the glaze (type of it) – this would influence the ventilation, daylight penetration and thermal regulation of your home. Consequently, this would affect the comfort factor of the inmates of the house. You may consider double glazing options for your windows to ensure the best thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Opt for Flooring with Care: Your flooring choices can make and break the look of your home. You should also take care of the maintenance aspect while choosing the material. It should also coordinate with the other furniture and furnishings of your interior. Acoustic insulation and eco friendly materials would make your flooring choices a matter of pride and swank.
- Allow Daylight to Penetrate: Natural daylight is essential for all habitable spaces – especially for homes. It would be nice if you could allow daylight to penetrate in areas that are damp from usage – bathrooms, kitchen etc. This not only helps you to stay connected with the diurnal and seasonal cycles, but also limits the requirement of artificial lights during the daytime, thereby saving you energy and consequently helping towards a greener Earth.
- Plan Proper Ventilation: Proper ventilation ensures airiness as well as thermal comfort. It would reduce the need for you to use energy-consuming devices. Floor plan orientation and the planning of the external façade would help to improve the ventilation.
You should be aware about the above-mentioned points from the planning and designing stage itself. If taken care of, your home shall nest you happily for years to come.