Locks are the most secure thing in the world that you can own! And without these, life would be so scary. It’s obvious that if locks never existed, you wouldn’t feel safe in your own space (the news bulletins would tell you why!) And if these locks were without keys, even then these would be of no use! So, we all know locks and keys are of premium importance to all of us. But doesn’t it sting you to know how these were invented and how they evolved?
The Most Astonishing Facts About Locks and Keys!
Locks and keys are a prominent part of our daily living. From homes to safes and even vehicles – nothing is operated without locks and keys. That’s why whether we lose our keys or lock ourselves out or there’s a malfunctioning lock or key, home and auto locksmiths in Manchester like Locksmiths Manchester are urgently called upon without any delay. They tend to create the exact copies of these keys with their skills and provide you with easy access to your home, safe or car. With certificates from leading lock manufacturers, fast response time, 24X7 service, proficiency in all the nuances related to locks and keys, they have won rave reviews and confidence of their clients. Now let’s start reading about all those wonderful facts on lock and key that we weren’t aware of:
- Keys were used as a symbol of power by women — It’s really surprising, but did you know that married women used to get the keys sewn to their dress? This made them look powerful in the eyes of other members of the family and clan.
- Primitive Chinese society considered locks and keys as status symbols — Long time ago only the wealthiest members of the society had locks and keys. And what’s more intriguing is the fact that these were then designed as padlocks and in the shapes of animals.
- The most ancient locks date back to 4000 years — Not many of us know that the most ancient locks were discovered in the caves of Egypt. These can be dated back to 4000 years and are supposed to be the first ones invented.
- Locksmiths were craftsmen then — So, if you are underestimating the locksmiths today, then you should know that locksmiths were craftsmen centuries ago. The traditional locks were carefully curated and designed uniquely to serve the purpose perfectly for which it was designed.
- Medieval key keepers were quite known — Today, we all have the habit of keeping our keys with us. But during the medieval period, there were special people in a village or clan who were considered as responsible people, and all the people used to keep their keys secured with them.
- Wooden locks were seen before — Metal locks are seen everywhere today, but history says, locks were initially crafted with wood.
We are sure you are pretty much fascinated after reading these amazing facts about locks and keys. Who knew the gadgets of security that’s hardly given any second thought had such an eventful and magnificent history!