Ever had that feeling just after finishing up a floor that something is still not quite right? Well, it turns out that in more than a few cases, your fears are not completely invalid. In this case, it might be better to let a proper established service handle all the hassles and expertise that comes with such a job. However, even then, there is a reasonable scope for error that one must keep a look out for.
Sometimes, the mistake is so obvious that you’ll find it absurd that you didn’t think of that before. It’s okay; after all, we’ve all been there, done that enough number of times be it the case of Timber Floor Sanding And Polishing or even a mere Timber Floor Stain. The main thing to remember is to be aware of certain key floor finishing mistakes beforehand itself. Here are the top five:-
- Not stripping the floor completely: This basically implies that you left a bit behind. You will notice the emergence of dirty patches on the floor wherever the old finish was not totally removed. Even with a professional quality stripper, one has to be careful to employ the proper technique.
- Making the mistake of closing the door: Doing that will not only interfere with the airflow, but the floor will not cure or dry properly. If necessary, keep the AC running till you’re sure that the floor is completely dry.
- The aspect of force-drying: Now this is something that a lot of people are guilty of more than often. Not only will the final product look uneven if you do that, but it also tends to result in streaking. Make sure that the fan is not pointed directly at the floor and is at a substantial distance from the floor so that it circulates the air.
- Rushing the application: Most people end up doing this by being impatient. Patience is always the key and one has to wait for the floor to become completely dry. Otherwise, the added costs of finish will interfere with the previous coat. Rushing this process will only lead to you doing double-work for no reason.
- Exit strategy: Probably the most common mistake for people to make – having put in all the effort of getting your floor to look a certain way only to realise that you have boxed and trapped yourself in a corner. There is a simple remedy for this. One just needs to start at the far end and work your way towards the room exit.
Finally, with the combined help of one’s knowledge and an experienced service, a thoroughly done finished floor that you are proud of is not a distant reality. All it takes is a bit of organised planning and foresight. Once you make sure that everything is planned out in advance, a lot more aspects will run smoothly without you having to worry about them.