Scared of a whole wall painted terracotta or sunshine yellow? Are you too cautious to commit to a room surrounded by a bold wallpaper? But do you still want to add a little zing to your home? Worry not! Focal (feature/ accent) walls are your solution for the issue. These walls add style statement, character, persona and element of interest to your home décor without throwing your sense of symmetry off balance completely.
Some Very Important Do-s and Don’t-s List for Your Feature/accent/focal Wall!
Feature wall is an exciting part of your room. But to get the right results, do make sure you pay attention to some very essential pointers listed below:
- Do choose the right wall — As we said, an accent wall is that one which attracts your attention immediately as you enter the room. Obviously, this shouldn’t be the wall in the corner of your room! Also make sure even the sun shines directly on this wall with all its might.
- Don’t miss emphasising the details of this wall — An attractive accent wall need not be just plain always. You can add some detailed designs on its border or just on the top left to make it look extraordinary. And to carry out this detailed design, you need to go for interior plastering in Auckland by Flamingo Exterior Plastering. They pride in doing the plastering jobs for all kinds and sizes of homes and can even level your feature wall to its finest texture before you paint. And of course, they’ll even add those exceptional borders around it that you require.
- Do think beyond paint and wallpaper— There is no rule book saying that an accent wall only needs to be painted or adorned with designer wallpaper! You can have some wooden artwork done on it, try using tiles to cover it and even stonework or even rustic concrete design on this wall makes it look exceptionally amazing.
- Don’t forget the rest of the room — A feature wall should always complement the entire room. Don’t ever forget adorning the rest of the room according to the accent wall. You definitely don’t want only a part of your room to look good! The entire place should match well and appear astounding.
- Do keep it useful as well — You don’t need an accent wall just for the visual beauty of your home. It should be useful too. You can place your television set here or simply put some fancy shelves for books and so on or even consider a vertical garden for your green oasis.
- Don’t overdo it — Being classy and subtle is the key to have a magnificent feature wall in your room. And overdoing this area with a too bright shade of paint or too many wall décor pieces always mars the beauty of your interiors badly.
The feature wall that you design after taking into consideration these pointers will never flop! The fabulous effect you get is really something to look forward to each time you come back home!