End of tenancy cleaning is the most crucial part of tenancy period! This is one factor that often leads to lots of issues and problems amongst the landlord and the tenants. Not only is your deposit money at risk when you aren’t following the end of tenancy conditions properly, but also this is ethically wrong in your role as a tenant. It’s your basic courtesy to at least clean the place thoroughly and neatly before giving in the keys as you have occupied the place for months.
But in the hassle of moving your furniture and transferring your belongings to a new place and a whole lot of formalities to fulfil there too, you often may not be able to tend to the cleaning properly. That is why you should opt to contact Flash Cleaning for end of tenancy cleaning in Auckland. They’ll ensure that each and every corner of the house is thoroughly cleaned with perfection, swiftly, efficiently and within your budget.
A detailed list of the areas to clean at the end of tenancy period!
Most often the professionals are well informed, as it’s their daily job, and don’t need any instructions from your side as to which areas to clean, and how to handle the work. But, it’s your duty to be specific about your requirements, and you should inform them about it too. Even your contract shows you certain rules to abide by for detailed cleaning. That is when you’ll find the below list handy:
- Walls and ceilings — Call it a basic courtesy or the minimum cleaning you can provide, but leaving a house full of cobwebs and moulds in the ceiling looks too tacky. You obviously wouldn’t want your landlord or the new tenants to think so badly about you, right? That is why check in detail for any such signs of moulds or cobwebs in the ceilings and walls and ensure that these are entirely cleaned. Even the walls may have a dust formation on it which would make the home look untidy!
- Glasses in the house — When we mention glass fixtures in a house, this includes all the glasses you can think of — be it the window, mirrors, shelves, etc. These require a special method of cleaning; and if not cleaned properly, you can see visible patches and lines. Ensure to check all your windows and mirrors and other glass items in the house – make them shine inside out till you can see a clear reflection of yourself in it.
- Doors and windows panes— All the doors of the house, be it the main entrance door, the bathroom doors, the cupboard doors, the kitchen cabinet doors, etc. should be cleaned thoroughly. Make sure to peek in the corners of these doors and check for hidden grime. Also, the window cleaning should include everything – right from blinds to frames to panes.
- All handles and knobs — Most of the times, the minutest areas are the ones that are ignored or overlooked; and this can your cleaning job lose brownie points! You should specially check if all the handles and knobs were cleaned when the doors were cleaned.
- Fixtures and fittings — Be it the electrical heater in the bathroom or the lights and bulbs in the house, they do acquire a lot of dust on them which can be visible even from a distance. Make sure these areas aren’t left out — properly wipe and clean them.
- Washroom — Your home may be having more than one washroom. Whether you used one of them, or all, it’s your duty to clean all of them when leaving the place. Ensure to check if all the faucets, electric system, toilets, grout, bath tub, bathroom cabinets are cleaned thoroughly and nothing remains amiss.
- Carpet and upholstery — There would be some parts in the home that would require deep cleaning too. Ensure the carpets are properly cleaned and you get rid of the moulds, if any, too. Even the upholstery should be cleaned thoroughly – if needed, opt for steam cleaning.
- Home exterior— The exterior of the home like the garden, roof, gutter, garage, passage, deck, veranda, etc. should be totally spic and span too. Make it a point to clear the gutter and pressure wash the other areas in your home so that the exterior looks as washed and tidy as the interior.
Now when your cleaners have done their work, you can just take out this list and make sure all these areas are cleaned. After this, you can handover the keys without any worry about the cleaning!