Whether you are designing your new home from scratch, or giving your existing home a new look, hardwood floors are always a great choice to glam up your place. They have life that can last for centuries, the look that can resemble a royal palace and finishing competing with artwork masterpieces. The selection of hardwoods can grant any decor a majestic touch. They range from deep dark shades to warm lighter ones and even contemporary tones – so no matter which way you go with your home décor – classic, contemporary, eclectic or boho – hardwood can complement each look. There are also loads of variations in this range to make your flooring look distinct and captivating.
The beauty of hardwood floor also lies in its durability as a final product. These floors are resistant to damages which (on the contrary) can spoil the charm and life of many other kinds of flooring materials. With tight grain and proper finishing, it can be made resistant to the effects of moisture too. All your hardwood floor demands is some proper care and maintenance.
Various ways to care for your wooden flooring to keep it looking fabulous for years!
Timber flooring does cost a fortune to install. But the money is worth it because of its long life. But the floor in which you invested so much can look worn out after some time. Read below some preventive methods and tips to let your floor look new for years:
- Instant mess cleaning — Timber floor can get stained easily. If anything spills on it, make sure you are fast to wipe it as soon as possible. This wouldn’t let the floor stain to leave a dark and ugly patch, which can then become tough to clean.
- Doormats are necessary — When your floor is so expensive, protecting them from outdoor dust and dirt is necessary too. Always keep away the outdoor mess from your shoes by wiping on the doormat so that it doesn’t come in contact with the wooden floors.
- No water please— If you have kids or pets in the house, make sure their water usage doesn’t affect the life of your hardwood floor. Timber floor gets worn out easily and rapidly because of continuous exposure to water. Also, when you are mopping or cleaning it, make sure the moisture in the mops is minimal.
- Floor sanding — In spite of so much protection, dust and ding find their way to your hardwood floors. Vinyl Floor Polishing Service offers Floor Sander in Auckland which can clean all the embedded dust thoroughly, and give it a new shine and glow. It also mends all the holes and scratches and makes it look fresh and new again. In other words, floor sanding gives a new lease of life to your hardwood floors.
- Hardwood polishing — We know hardwood can grow old with you. And their beauty and shine can fade over a period of time. They demand a polishing session, which can return them their lost glow and shine. Also, if you are bored with your old shade, you can polish it with a new fresh tint.
- Felt on furniture legs — A great amount of damage is done on the wooden floor because of the furniture that is placed on them (and consequently moved around or dragged). Placing a felt as a soft coating on the furniture legs avoids any kind of scratch and damage on the wooden floor.
- Rugs are helpful — When you have wooden floor all across the home, rugs become a good addition. Placing them in high traffic zones helps you protect the pieces of wood longer, and the rigs also add charm and warmth to your home décor.
- Tend the gaps — Wood is a natural resource, and it can get affected by climatic changes too. Hence, if you notice some gaps during the weather change — it’s time to call the professionals to tend the same, and make your floor get their lives back again.
- Avoid heels and stilettos — Pencil heels are awesome for your party look. But your hardwood floor wouldn’t like its interference in their life. The resulting friction of heels on hardwood can gradually create a dent or scratches on them, which can deepen with time and mar the look of the floors.
A smooth and glistening wooden floor looks enticing in any home. And keeping that glow intact isn’t difficult either. The above pointers will surely make your life easier as far as maintaining hardwood floors is concerned.