The matters of property renting and purchase should always be taken seriously by any potential owner. From the locality and nearby amenities to the condition of the property, every little aspect of the purchase should be carefully considered.
While you can take a look at the locality yourself, your property needs special attention and inspection for a thorough analysis. Whether you have already hired an expert or thinking of hiring one for a home inspection, here’s what really happens during an inspection.
The exterior inspection
- What is the condition of the exterior walls? Look for chipping and peeling.
- How well-kept are the driveways? The condition of the surface and the color needs to be considered as well.
- What is the condition of the fences and gates? Do they need replacement or repairs?
- If your property has a pool, then make sure you hire a specialist of home inspection in Lithia FL, to get the pool inspected for cracks. If something needs repair or replacement, make sure you get it covered in the negotiations as well.
- Are the windows operating properly? What is the condition of their outer appearance? Look for cracks and broken pieces that will need replacement.
- Are the shingles on your roof in good condition? Are there damages due to UV rays? Does the safety rail need replacement? What is the state of the guttering system? Clogged gutters need to be fixed before your shift.
- From insulation to the condition of the floors, check every little bit for addressing the concerns in the garage.
The interior inspection
- Check the condition of your inner walls and insulation. Irrespective of the climate, make sure that the walls are properly insulated to reduce your energy bills.
- Are the appliances working properly? Are any of them short-circuited? Check the condition of the plug and the cord too.
- Get the fuse box checked which will further lead to the investigation of the entire property’s wiring. Look for broken or worn-out switches that need immediate replacement.
- Are there any leaks in the kitchen or bathroom which can result in flooding? Look for the condition of the faucets and the entire plumbing system to catch all glitches.
- Get the entire HVAC system inspected for leaks and rusting to make a list of all the replacements. Hire the specialist of home inspection in Lithia, FL, for this matter.
- Is the window sealant in place? Are there any cracks on the window pane? Are the doors functioning well? Do the hinges need replacement? Is the wood board chipping or bubbling?
- Whether it’s tiled or wooden, look for broken or chipped ends. Does the flooring need repair or replacement?
Your potential commercial property needs to be secure against all sorts of threats as not only you, but your workforce will be spending a crucial part of their day in the building as well. With this checklist handy, make sure that your home inspector leaves no part of the building out during the inspection. Good luck!