So, what do you think of driveways? A pathway connecting your house to the street! A space for you and your vehicles to traverse! But does the buck stop there? Remember, your driveway is also the first thing anyone sees when one approaches your home – be it your guests while you are living in the house, or be it the potential buyers when you put the house up in the market. Your driveway is one of the prominent features that attributes towards your home’s first impression and curb appeal.
How Can You Make Your Driveway Look Inviting and Attractive?
Driveways Nottingham creates driveways in Nottingham which are rock solid and aesthetic. They offer making them in a plethora of different materials like asphalt, concrete, stones, etc. They have ten years of experience in this task, and are highly recommended by their clients. What’s more? Their charges don’t break your bank. Now that you have a beautiful driveway, how can you beautify it further?
- A Border of Plants — We know you will say that you already have a garden, then why the greens near the driveway too? Well, it’s pretty natural that green bushes around the stones always create a spectacular picture! The same happens when you plant a nice line of small plants bordering your driveway.
- Line with Cove Lights — Ok, so you didn’t like the idea of plants around the driveway, or you don’t have enough space for it – then try to line the bordering areas with cove light instead! They will glow beautifully in the dark and would not even cost you much while illuminating your driveway!
- Install Complementing Gates — It’s an obvious logic that everything in a home décor should match and complement each other! The same rule applies for your driveways and gates! If you have dark, concrete driveway, opt for a gate that coordinates! Keep in mind colour, texture, pattern – everything.
- Paint a Pattern or Decorate a Part of it — Painting a driveway adds lots of beauty to this space! You can choose alternative bricks or stones from the pattern and paint it. Or simply go for only colouring their borders. Even murals and motifs in the central area create a focal point.
- Patterning with Plants – So creating patterns with bricks and concrete are passé. Now you could do the same by creating a pattern with grass (natural or artificial) or shrubs. Chequered, Zigzags, lattices – the choice is yours – keep one-part stone/brick/concrete — and alternate the pattern with greenery. Voila! You have a beautiful driveway.
- Build a Centre of Attraction — Either it’s a central island comprising breathtaking sculpture or beautiful plants around a waterbody with a seating area or a fountain standing proudly amidst the driveway, this centre of attraction will surely add life to your driveway wonderfully!
Now who said that driveways aren’t worth a glance? With the beautification ideas mentioned above, the dazzling results will be worth gazing at for hours!!