Wooden furniture is the soul of our homes. They are often expensive and not an item you can discard easily. We, however, tend to ignore the wooden furnishing in our homes while cleaning, renovating, or redecorating our homes. This ignorance ultimately brings our wooden furniture into a bad condition, and repairing such furniture is a heavy dent in the pocket for those on tight budgets.
Wood Furniture Care
So, you must pay attention to the wood furniture in your house and care for it. The following are twelve ways that can help you with it:
- Dust your furniture when dusting the rest of your house. You believe it or not; it will elongate the life of your furniture.
- Always use mats and coasters. Avoid placing anything cold, hot, and wet directly on your furniture.
- If you can cover your wood furniture with a cloth, like a wooden table with a tablecloth, it will keep your furniture as good as new for a long time.
- Call for house inspection from time to time to check for termites. If there is any, get it immediately treated before it ruins your wood. Home inspection Torbay is pocket-friendly, and the inspector will tell you the best possible treatment.
- If you sense an odor in your wood, you can shift it to a shady region outside to get rid of the smell.
- Place charcoal in a small bowl inside the wooden cabinets as charcoal will absorb the smell, and your furniture will smell fine.
- If your wooden furniture is covered with sun mica, you can consider changing it after 5-6 years to keep your wood safe as sunmica starts to come out because its glue becomes weak.
- The environment also harms wood furniture. Keep your furniture in a dry and shaded region. Avoid keeping it in direct sunlight as it will reduce its life.
- If dusting is not helping and you must clean the furniture with a wet cloth, make sure you wipe it with a dry cloth right after.
- Wood furniture can require re-polishing, do not step back from it. Polishing your wood furniture adds a protective layer to the wood and also makes your furniture look new.
- All-purpose cleaning solutions can damage your wood; it is better to use water and mild dishwashing liquid.
- If you think your wood can go without polishing, you can try oiling your furniture. Take a clean cloth and wipe your furniture with oil; it adds a shining finish to your dry wood.
Taking care of your wood is also a way of helping the environment. The more ignorant we are, the more trees will be cut to fulfill our demands. Besides, even though wood is biodegradable, managing waste is a problem throughout the world. Care for your wood, save both your money and the environment.