Did you just buy a tailored home? A property that has everything in it and looks enticing too? No doubt you’ll be going gaga over your new accomplishment, and want to move in as soon as possible. No doubt it is a matter of pride to be a homeowner. But don’t you think a proper survey is needed before you stay there with your beloved family?
Your newly bought home was already an occupied place before. Even if it was vacant, it wouldn’t have been tended for since the last few months (or maybe years). This would have caused some problems in the various areas of the house. Though, you should always get it inspected before making a purchase, but if you forgot that, do that for yourself and your family before you start living. You may have been in a hurry to get a good home at a good deal, and you didn’t check the necessary minute details of the place. But, this cannot be ignored at all!
Some areas that should be checked closely before shifting in a new home.
A new house may seem attractive enough to look at. But there may be some hidden factors in the place, which (if ignored) can make your life tough, and can even prove dangerous to some extent. Let’s read what those areas are:
- Electrical connections and wires — There would be a whole lot of concealed connections and wires in a house that you won’t be even aware of. And you won’t be able to make out if there’s any issue until the problem becomes large. Therefore, before moving in, get your home electrical connections checked by some good electricians in Reading. DAK electricals is the best one in the area for this job. They are an expert in these wires and sockets, and can look into any electrical repair and installation issue and easily solve the problem making your home safe and sound. Also, the home that you have just bought may not have the required number of electrical points as per your needs. Today, we are dependant more and more on our gadgets for everything small and large. Thus, getting the existing number of points (sockets) checked and new ones installed (if needed) is important too. Also, keep an eye on the wires that may be loose or disintegrating. These can be extremely dangerous too. It’s better to be very alert when electrical connections are concerned for a better and safer place.
- Leakage — If your home is newly painted, it would be really difficult to find out if there’s been any leakage on the walls. There can be rain water coming in from the roof into the house or the gutter overflowing or another such plumbing issue which could cause the leakages on the walls. If there’s any such problem, or you get a hint of it, you should have the source of water sealed and repaired. This will help you in the long run, as any kind of leakages can be a cause of nuisance, and not only mar the beauty of the house, but also cause damage to the property.
- Plumbing problems— Plumbing issues can be really difficult to bear with. You shouldn’t even consider having your family settling in unless you check this area minutely. Open all the faucets and taps to check if they are working in a good condition (or not). Also, double check the areas below them to see if there’s any leakage. (Especially around the kitchen sink or washroom faucet). Also, make sure you repair (or better still – reinstall) the septic systems entirely for a better drainage system for long. Also make a note of water clogging – if any, the congestion point should be unjammed.
- Doors and windows — The doors and windows are the basic security and privacy providers for you. They are also a significant source of ventilation for your property. Always ensure to check them well before moving in. Try the locking and unlocking procedure multiple times to be sure it’s working fine. If your windows and doors are insulated, ensuring they are in the right shape is important. A properly opening window and door is essential not only for ventilation, but also for fire safety, since these are escape routes.
- SOS systems — The SOS systems of a home should be checked before moving in. There can be a fire alarm that is perhaps not working. Or whether the fire extinguisher is connected to the water supply accurately. Also, the emergency exit should not be blocked or jammed. Try also to install video door phones and CCTV systems for better security. It’s very essential check these emergency help sources to ensure your family’s safety later.
Your new home will be your paradise for future! If you ignore these vital points in it, it can even turn into a nightmare! Make sure you don’t let that happen!