Switchboards are of utmost importance in all types of buildings! It tends to hold together the entire wiring system of your building. And your building’s safety and electricity are rightly managed by these switchboards. And of course, that is why you’ll hardly see any commercial or residential building without a switchboard. But an old, faulty, or worn out switchboard isn’t of any importance to you. So, better just upgrade the same and opt for a new one instead.
Signs That Openly Speak of the Need to Upgrade Your Switchboard!
The signs saying that your switchboard has finally given up and needs a replacement aren’t always clear. You have to be very sharp to understand those signs coming in various ways through different sources. And ignoring these can be totally dangerous too. So, the moment you spot the below mentioned signs, contact Optimum Electrical Solutions, the switchboard manufacturer providing customized and best switchboard solutions for your building that will surely provide maximum security for years.
- Upgraded electricity requirements – Every state and city keep on upgrading their electrical safety strategies periodically. And if your state notifies you that your present switchboard isn’t compatible with the latest safety rules, you would have to upgrade it accordingly.
- Addition of more appliances in the house – As time passes, the luxury of modern appliances is needed too. And of course, your old switchboard can’t bear so many new additions and the extra load. That is why upgrading it seems a wonderful idea.
- Lots of short-circuits and blown fuses — You can gauge a worn-out switchboard by the frequency of the short circuits and blown fuses. Though the reason for the same may vary like faulty wirings and improper connections, etc., but the prospect of a worn-out switchboard cannot be ignored either.
- Too old switchboard – Sometimes you live in an ancient building with an old electrical wiring system and a switchboard here haven’t been changed for ages too. That’s a clear sign to upgrade the same at the very first instance. You can never predict the dangers that may happen due to an old switchboard.
- You have no room for extra wires and connections – If your old switchboard is already houseful and has no room for a new wire or connection to fit in, be ready to invest in a new one!
- If there is overheating or fire – If the wires or connections in your switchboard get heated often or there’s smoke exuding or you have recently faced an electrical fire, upgrade the board now!
- Renovating your place – When you are ready to invest in a home renovation and everything is new, don’t let your switchboard stay old. If you try to push the new wires in the old board, consequences can be serious.
So, when you see any such sign, be sure to read it right and act spontaneously. The dangers of delaying this upgrade can be drastic!